Employer: UK Major Ports Group Ltd
Location: London Bridge
Salary: £44,000 – £50,000 (FTE basis, 25 hours per week role)
Closing Date: 15 June 2022
Start Date: August 2022
The UK’s ports are absolutely essential for the UK economy and all of our day to day lives. They handle 95% of the UK’s trade with the world but are so much more than just gateways for goods and passengers. As hubs for a range of businesses they are catalysts for investment, jobs and prosperity all around the UK coast. And they are vital foundations for green energy and the UK’s net zero transformation.
The UK Major Ports Group (UKMPG) is the trade body for the biggest port operators in the UK. We represent 9 of the top 10 largest port operators and are focussed on helping grow the port sector’s big contribution to the UK.
UKMPG is now seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in managing all aspects of administration and finance, and supporting external engagement.
The Executive Assistant is a part-time role (25 hours per week) reporting directly to the CEO. We are looking for a team player with proven ability either from experience or aptitude to act as an Executive Assistant at CEO/Managing Director level. The successful candidate will have strong administration, project management and organisational skills and be able to work on a largely self-starting basis. UKMPG has adopted a hybrid way of working which offers a flexible mix of office and remote working, to be agreed with the CEO. The UKMPG office is located near London Bridge.
- Ensure the efficient and smooth administration of the UKMPG Secretariat
- On behalf of the CEO, organise internal meetings and events, including Board meetings and meetings of Member expert committees.
- Oversee the relationships with UKMPG’s IT and infrastructure providers and provide first line input and maintenance for the organisation’s website.
- Ensure the smooth running of the office, including all necessary procurement and liaising with suppliers.
- Act as Company Secretary for UKMPG, handling the register of directors, Board minutes, and filing all paperwork and returns with Companies House.
- Liaise with the CEO to manage the process of submitting candidates for Honours Rounds and Royal Garden Parties to the relevant Government Department.
- Provide secretarial assistance to the CEO and manage the diary and travel arrangements.
- Supporting the CEO in managing the relationship with and the administration of 30 Park Street Ltd, the holding company for the lease regarding office premises.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for information or assistance from the CEO, members or external stakeholders (both private and public sector).
- Manage UKMPG finances
- Manage the finances of UKMPG, including invoicing and credit control; making payments; managing the bank current and savings accounts; lead engagement with external book-keeping and auditing providers including preparing the annual budget; creating financial management reports, undertaking annual audit and submission of tax accounts.
- Ensure the organisation is compliant with all relevant employment and tax legislation and that insurance is appropriate and up-to-date.
- Support external engagement and advocacy
- On behalf of the CEO, organise external meetings and events, including the annual Parliamentary reception and supporting their on-the-day delivery.
- Represent the organisation at external meetings as appropriate when requested by the CEO.
- Support other UKMPG external engagement and advocacy activities – events and projects – as agreed with the CEO.
Skills, Experiences, Qualifications and Competencies
- Excellent administration, project management and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and liaise effectively and confidently at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage workload to meet deadlines, and adaptable to change in a small team, fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Dependable and pro-active.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and prioritise workload whilst handling multiple tasks.
- Day to day essential bookkeeping skills or the ability to assimilate such skills quickly and confidently.
- Previous Senior Administration and/or PA support experience.
- Familiarity with Xero Accounting Software.
- Experience of delivering events.
- The role will involve some travel within the UK
- Probationary period 3 months
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement per year (pro-rata)
- Automatically enrolled into the National Employment Savings Trust workplace pension scheme, with the option to opt-out
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
- First round interviews to take place w/c 20 June 2022.
Equal opportunities: We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their background, which helps us to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment.
To apply for this position please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.